Sunday, April 20, 2008

Paper v. Plastic

So, I'm watching the news and, once again, the left coast wackos are trying to legislate crap. They now want to force people to pay to use plastic sacks at the grocery store or, in Seattle, ban both paper & plastic. It's something about the plastic being bad for the environment. Guess what, wackos - paper bags attract bugs, which I'm sure are also not good for the environment. Sorry, but I refuse to pay for using plastic bags and, besides, I do reuse them - guess what I use to take my lunch to work? You guessed it, plastic bags from Wally World. If that's not recycling, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Savage Baptist said...

...paper bags attract bugs...

Extra protein!

Susan said...

I don't know what my feelings are about paper vs. plastic, but I did have to take issue with your comment about bugs not being good for the environment.

From the Amateur Entomologist's Society in the UK at http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/bugclub/bugfaq.html

"Why are insects so important?

* The value of crops pollinated by bees is $1,590,000,000 per year!
* 30% of all human food is directly or in-directly dependent on pollination by bees.
* Without insects our world would be covered in dung and dead animals

Food for thought: 'Insects are everywhere and we need them. While many people in the over-developed world see insects as objects of disgust, we all depend on them for the largely unseen ecological services performed by these much-maligned, but often strikingly beautiful, animals' Christopher O'Toole, Alien Empire"

Insects help quicken the decay of dead animals. They pollinate plants. They provide food for larger animals like birds.

Insects are a huge part of the environment.

And a lot better for it than plastic bags. ;)

Olga/Maddie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have a new journal on this site.

And it can be found at: http://mikesmaddie.blogspot.com

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that the rest of the day goes all right for you all.

God bless.

Hugs and love you. *HG*

Take care and talk to you later. Bye kiddo, :)!
Olga/Maddie