Friday, July 27, 2007

Sprucing Up

Okay, let me get this straight - we don't have the money to fix our streets or hire enough police officers, but we have the money to take police away from their main job (fighting crime) to direct traffic around Southern Hills for the PGA? Does anyone else believe that our mayor is all image and no substance? We want to look good for Tiger, Phil and their crowd, but who cares about the people that live here day in and day out? I guess we don't matter. I hope she realizes that the PGA crowd doesn't get a vote (unless, of course, they have a house in Florida and one here, I guess), so she'd better make darn sure she's trying to "impress" the right people, 'cause I personally don't know anyone who's impressed with her so far...except maybe the Council, who seem to do her bidding; but, hey, at least there's no bickering and we're all getting along, which is good for our image, I'm sure.

On a personal note, wish me luck; I'm going to the driving range for the first time this weekend. DH likes to play golf but needs someone to be his eyes; I've seen it on TV and it looks like it could be a good stress release (or the cause of much stress, I'm sure). I'm willing to give it a shot, so if you're anywhere near LaFortune and see this crazed woman on the driving range, just duck.

1 comment:

Scott Bennett said...

1) if they develope the river, who mows the grass there?
2) I'd love to meet our economic developement commission. so far they have been silent on every part of the arena and river projects. talk about empty suits.