Monday, August 06, 2007

New Name for KT

It's taken me over a year, but I've finally come up with my nickname for Mayor KT - it's Mayor KIT. You've most certainly heard of KITT, the talking car, but I've chosen KIT for her. It stands for Kathy "Image" Taylor. She is more obsessed with image than most Hollywood stars, and that's saying a lot.

I have a feeling that our city will vote "yes" for the river tax. We have yet to see a tax we don't like. I admire Broken Arrow's mayor for taking a stand for his city, no matter how it affects his image. DH and I will, of course, proudly vote NO.

I saw in the Whirled that most of the city councilors are going to run again. I would, too, if I knew my job entailed agreeing to whatever my boss said and not questioning anything. Oh, how I miss the days of the "gang of five." Now all we seem to have are yes men (and woman). I hope that some people with principles run and that, if they win, they will stick to those principles.

I will be off line for a few days. My father passed away Friday evening, so DH and I have traveled down to southern Oklahoma for the funeral on Tuesday. He was 84 (would've been 85 next month); he had a stroke and went into a coma just before the fourth of July. His health had been declining since the first of the year so, although it wasn't necessarily a shock, it's still something you're not ready for. I do take some comfort in that he became a Christian a few years ago, so he is now in Heaven with his Heavenly Father.

No comments: