Monday, September 26, 2005

First entry

I know, real original title...sue me, I'm new at this!

Well, a little about me. I'm 40, married, 1 step daughter, a Christian, work for a car rental company...that's about it for now. I'll figure out later on where I can put this on the blog. I'll be using this to vent. What would an Okie have to vent about? Gee, our mayor (Mayor Misfortune, as my darling hubby--otherwise knows as DH--likes to call him), the bought & paid 4 1/2 members of our city council, our family's church situation...and the fact that my mother in law is dying from terminal brain cancer.

We went to see my MIL this weekend. She was diagnosed back in May, went through a round of chemo & radiation, but it didn't stop the growth. In the past 2 weeks, she has lost the use of both of her legs & is losing control of her left arm (she's left handed & the tumor is on the right side of her brain). The blessing in all of this is that she is a Christian, so we know that God is in control. I wish we knew what His plan was, but I just try to keep in mind that He has one.

Well, time to shut it down for now...part 2 tomorrow.

God bless y'all!

Shel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Start babe! Us okies have got to stick together! you'll have to pop over sometime so I can show you how to add links to your blog and edit your profile.

I will add a link to your blog on mine and that will get you some traffic.

Love ya,
Gidgit