Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Not much to say

For those people who know me, the above statement is something new to them. I'm usually a real gabfest, but I don't have a whole heck of a lot to comment on today. I think it's probably due to my allergies/cold/sinuses (take your pick, I can't ever seem to tell the difference).

I have sleep apnea & am supposed to be sleeping with a CPAP, but I'm having trouble getting used to sleeping with something stuck up my nose. Last night I just skipped it all together since I was already having trouble breathing. It's frustrating when you can't sleep through the night. My usual habit is to go into the living room @ about 10 pm (when hubby goes to bed, cause he can't sleep with the TV on & that's the way I go to sleep), stay there till about 11 when I get sleepy, go to be for about an hour, get back up for 30 minutes to an hour, go back to bed & sleep for a couple of hours, wake up when Maggie, my miniature dachshund, jumps off the bed & decides she needs to go do her business, then it's back to bed until 5 am. Man, I'm exhausted just reading that! I did actually notice over the weekend that, when I did sleep with my CPAP on, I felt rested, even with the about sleeping schedule. I know, most of you don't care about my sleeping habits, but it makes me feel better writing about it. Besides, I'm not putting a gun to your head to make you read this, now am I?! Unless your my hubby, of course...:-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I understand that sleeping cycle. I am an insominiac and I don't sleep much either. Ernie goes to bed so early that it kills me to try to go to bed with him.
So anyway... I hope you are able to sleep tonight.

I am going to church tonight our bible study is on Angels. I can't wait to get there. Our pastor is such a good teacher!

Well Talk to you soon.

Savage Baptist said...

The CPAP is probably the single most unused piece of medical equipment there is. Most of the ones sold eventually go unused. A pity, really, because they can actually save your life.

There's some possibility that a better-fitting mask can make you more comfortable. You were fitted by a certified respiratory therapist, weren't you? If not, see if you can get that done. It should help.