Friday, September 30, 2005

Well, it's official

We have officially broken ranks with our church. My hubby sent an email to the prayer distribution list, hoping to open some eyes to some of the problems, but all he's received is one person asking him to remove her from "his" list as she didn't give permission for her email address to be distributed, another one that was heartfelt but didn't seem to recoginize there WAS a problem, and a third from someone who wasn't even in our Sunday School class! Hers meant the most, as it seemed to make her see that she might not have been the best Sunday school member. Now, I'm not saying that DH & I are perfect; we have our misgivings, too. Our problem seemed to be that we didn't fit the mold of what "they" thought a Sunday school member should be: Hubby's been married once before, I can't bear children, he has a daughter from his first marriage who doesn't live with us, we BOTH work outside the home (apparently I don't work in the proper profession - teacher, day care, etc.), we didn't grow up in the church (well, he did, but didn't get saved until he was a teenager; I was saved as an adult), we don't live in a 4 bedroom, 2 living room house, we drive a beat up used car, etc. Mind you, we're not the only ones who don't fit the mold, but I'm trying to figure out what happened to God's grace? A friend of my husband's put it well...Jesus died for you, so that means I have to tolerate you. Is that really what being a Christian is all about? Again, hubby & I take some of the blame, as well, but no one else seems to want to even admit that there's a problem. I'm beginning to wonder if he & I should just start our own 2 member church, but then the Bible says don't forsake the assembling of believers, so I just keep the faith that there is a church out there for he & I. Yes, G & E, yours is on the list!

If I don't get another chance to blog today, have a great weekend & we'll see you back here on Monday, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Michelle,
I hope that because your DH wrote that email that the Sunday School class will finally figure out why we all left. I mean R&O felt the same way we all did and I am so happy that it wasn't just the 4 of us. Well kind of sad as well, because what does that say for that body of believers?

Okay so now, on to another subject. I do hope you are feeling better and I hope I got that link to your page fixed on my blog. Sometimes you just have to click on the reload button. Well the storm is raging this morning so I better get off the computer.

Love,
Me