Monday, October 03, 2005

A little disappointed, but focused on the future

We attended what may be our new church for the 2nd time yesterday. Hubby & I both have good feelings about it, but we're (okay, me especially) trying to be cerebral about out. I come from a charismatic background (who knows how I got mixed up in that?!), so I tend to put TOO much emphasis on feelings (plus the fact I'm a female) & hubby is logical & tends to discount feelings; so, hopefully, like the Diamond Rio song, we'll "meet in the middle." Hubby had a nice talk with both the pastor & his wife (wife Friday, pastor Saturday). The best part is, there seems to be places both he & I can get involved. He plays the soprano sax & they do have a small band/orchesta (2 guitars, drums, piano, keyboard) & he has a heart for divorced Christians. The pastor is very open to starting up a divorce group at the church, which is something hubby did at our previous church & quite enjoyed it. It's always a blessing to see people with new outlooks on life! I asked the minister's wife Sunday (they're our Sunday school teachers, so they're easy to reach!) if they ever had women's Bible studies. She said they do throughout the year, then asked me if I taught! I told her I hadn't, but would be willing to. After the service, she said she would introduce me to the head of the Women's ministry after Barbara returned from eye surgery. Here's another God thing...I'd mentioned to hubby Saturday night that I wondered if they ever had women's retreats and, lo and behold, what do they mention in Sunday school? A women's retreat at the end of the month! I'm looking forward to it so that I can get to know other women in the church better...and I'm getting a new CPAP mask sometime this week, so I'll be a pro at the sleep machine by then!

The reason I'm disappointed is...no one else ever responded to hubby's email to our previous church. Do they not realize this is when we needed them the most? His mother's dying of brain cancer, & no one through this process (with the exception of maybe 2 people) ever asked how she was doing!!! Heck, in our Sunday school class yesterday, the pastor's wife asked him if he had a update on her!!! For those of you who read this (yes, right now I know it's only 2!), here's the update (of course, hubby's one of them, so you already know the update). She's completely bedridden, has lost the use of both her legs & her left arm (she's left handed), and has not had a bowel movement in 2 weeks. It's sounding to us like her body is shutting down. Please continue to lift her up in your prayers, that God will comfort her & my father in law during this time.

Well, almost time to go home now. Have a good evening, y'all!

Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well You know I love you!

I am confident in the Will of God, Michelle and I know you and hubby will go where He leads you. If it is at church with us then AWESOME!! We love having you there and I know that as a team the six of us, You, me, our hubbys(4) and Pastor & Wife, can grow a ministry in that Class that will be a shining example of Christ's Mercy and Grace!

After all like you said we were saved by Grace and shouldn't that be good enough for any church?!

We are still and will continue to lift up your MIL. I know this time is not easy for Your DH and it is hard for you as well. I am here even if you just need a shoulder!

your loving friend,
Gidgit