Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Translating the Gobbledegook

Ok, so maybe I didn't spell it right, but you get the point...

DH & I were on our way to work this morning listening to KFAQ. We heard most of Michael DelGiorno's interview with Jerry Buchanan, chairman of the Tulsa Republican Party. Michael brought up the recent poll by soonerpoll.com & commissioned by KOTV & the Tulsa Whirled (thanks Michael Bates for that title!) that showed less than half of 500 likely Republican voters (38% to be exact) would vote for Mayor M. The other two-thirds are either undecided, voting for Chris Medlock (my choice for mayor), other candidates, undecided or refused to answer. Michael asked Mr. Buchanan if he believed there was a split in the Republican Party &, if so, what was going to be done about it. Mr. Buchanan replied that he didn't believe there was a split &, when Michael questioned him on other issued, he answered as a true politician schooled in the Misfortune school of responses---he talked about everything but the questions asked. It reminded DH & I of our former Sunday school class--few people saw there was a problem & when it was brought to everyone else's attention, no one wanted to admit there was a problem or wanted to fix the problem...after all, admitting there's a problem is the first step to solving it. I don't want a cheerleader or yes man as the head of any organization I'm involved with. I want someone who is passionate about the organization, but can see the problems and wants to work to fix them. After all, didn't our current mayor run on a platform of being a uniter, not a divider? I'm trying to discover exactly who or what he did unite...oh, now I remember; he united all those opposed to him & his regional, not local views.

On another topic, now that I've figured out how to add blogs, websites, etc., to my blog roll, I'll be listing more blogs. Please read these often for insightful & informative comments on topics regarding the world we live in.

Here's my "deep thought" for today taken from "The Office" calendar...

"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Working in customer service, that's my underlying motto.

Out for now!

No comments: