Friday, October 14, 2005

Happy Friday, Y'all

I know, not a very witty title, but I'm not always witty.

My latest "obsession" is with ghost stories & haunted places. Who knows? Maybe it's the season coming up. I'm a Christian, so I don't believe in ghosts & goblins, but I do believe in angels & demons. My theory is either most of the stuff is made up, or there are demons/demonic spirits there. Anyway, on www.batesline.com, he has a link to a route 66 blog, who lists haunted places in Oklahoma, so I spent some time reading about those. Good to know that my hometown of Yukon does not have any on the list. Also, I never knew there were so many "crybaby bridges" in Oklahoma. Then, I got the crap scared out of me while watching "Night Stalker" last night. Now, let me preface this with the fact that I've been reading mysteries since a very young age; actually read the book about the Boston Strangler as a child (okay, actually my friends & I sat in a dark stairwell with a flashlight & read it out loud), so it takes a bit to make me jump. I think The Night Stalker has to be one of my new favorite shows (ABC, Thursday nights, 8:00 CST, just after Alias--one of DH's favorite shows). The subject last night was about these people who were being killed by their worst fears (literally being "scared to death"). This was all brought about by some secret college society who held their meeting in a house that a family was murdered; somehow the fear had "attached" itself to them. Like I said, I don't subscribe to these beliefs, but it makes for good television. Who doesn't like to be scared every once in a while?

As for batesline.com, I highly recommend you check it out for information on local politics & events in Tulsa. He is very knowledgeable & informative on government happenings, political stories, etc. You can also hear him on Monday mornings (I think) on KFAQ & he has a weekly column in Urban Tulsa (a fine magazine in its own right). I've told hubby that he should start up a blog, especially to voice his opinions on local issues.

No comments: