Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Just Say No

I'm already fed up with the ads trying to guilt us into voting "Yes" for the river tax. If these philanthropists want to improve the river, why don't they pay for it themselves and not expect the government to subsidize their "donations"? I guess that they don't have to drive on our roads; they can just use their hovercrafts to get from point A to point B. What am I thinking? They have people they pay to do that for them!



Before anyone gets the idea that I all I do is rant and rave about things I don't like about Tulsa, let me tell you, I love Tulsa! I'm originally from OKC and have been here since 1988. I missed the MAPS Projects, so I can't shed any light on those. I would much rather live up here than down there; at least here I can get the brown dirt out of my clothes.



I've heard a figure of 9,000 jobs floated around, but it sounds like those would only be temporary jobs and they would disappear as soon as all the work is done. Has anyone from the Yes crowd been able to substantiate the numbers they keep throwing at us? I haven't found anyone that can.



In their latest commericals, they use the old standby idea "do it for the kids." I would rather have smooth streets, or at least passable streets for my DSD (darling stepdaughter) then a river that she might not ever go to. Besides, if the streets stay in the shape they're in, no one will be healthy enough to enjoy the river. Everyone will be on pain meds for their injured backs and necks.



On a side note, and a much happier note, it's September and my Cubs are in first place!

1 comment:

Savage Baptist said...

A Cubs fan, eh? I guess we won't hold it against you.

There's still most of September to go, though, and the Cards are only three games behind...