Wednesday, October 31, 2007

1804 Brouhaha

Maybe it's just me, but does HB 1804 mention the word "Hispanic" anywhere? I was under the impression that it targeted "illegal aliens." I don't know about you, but in my dictionary if you look up the word "Hispanic", the words "illegal aliens" are not to be found in the definition. Could it be that those against it are having their consciences tweaked just a bit? I don't have a problem with Hispanics; I do have a problem with illegal aliens.

I saw the news tonight about the rally held against 1804 and noticed they were pinning up ribbons. DH had a good idea (I'll beat him to it & put it on my blog before he does his!) - what about ribbons for the victims of the crimes caused by illegal aliens? What about ribbons for the millions of dollars spent by legal citizens of the United States to support the illegal aliens living here illegally? Again, I'm all for people coming from other countries who arrive here and make a decision to become a legalized United States Citizens My beef is with those who want to have their cake & eat it, too, those who want to work here & get all the benefits without the responsibility.

No comments: