Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Updates from the Rambler's Household

I'm happy to say that I was able to put my computer desk together - all by myself, thank you very much! Mind you, I had to purchase a battery powered screwdriver because the glue wouldn't hold, but, hey, it's working and I got to use my first power tool!

Also, DH now has a blog (see the Links section) - please view! He's got a lot to say and he's not afraid to say it! Just one of the many things I love about him!

As we speak, my Cubbies (NL Central Champs!) are in the process of losing game 1 to the Diamondbacks, but, as Scarlett would say, tomorrow's another day.

The latest commercial I caught for the river tax (before muting it) showed kids and their dreams. You know what one of my dreams is (other than starring on Broadway and writing the Great American Novel)? It's to live in a city that functions effectively without being bribed and held hostage by the so-called philanthropists and one that knows how to wisely spend the money alotted to them. I know, it's a pipe dream, but it could happen -- couldn't it?

No comments: