Friday, October 12, 2007

This Isn't Called "Ramblings" for Nothing

I feel like I need/should blog, but I can't think of anything pressing at the moment, so y'all are going to get to hear what's going on in my life at the moment. I'll try to balance the negatives with positives, rants/raves, so to speak:

Rave - I got a promotion at work! As previously stated, I work for the company that Mr. KIT owned until recently, when he sold it to Enterprise. Heck, with the moolah he made he could build himself and KIT their own pedestrian bridge to nowhere, but I digress. After a change in management, I was not happy with the way things were going in our department, so I took the initiative and attended a 3 day class to learn about insurance. This class would prepare me to take the Oklahoma Adjusters Licensing exam, which I did and I passed, thank you very much. The next week one of our claims adjusters left for greener pastures so I knew my time was at hand. I've been biding my time until this past Tuesday, when I was informed that I got the job, which comes with a nice raise! I am going from an hourly position to a salaried position. I've never had a salaried position before, so this is a whole new realm for me. This will take effect Friday, 10/19/07, but will I be there? No, and why, you may ask? See next paragraph --

Rant/Rave - I am going in Thursday for dental surgery. I'm having my teeth extracted and getting dentures. Don't I just sound excited as all get out about it? I'm too busy being nervous about the pain I'll have to endure, though the insurance coordinator assured me that my teeth are probably in bad enough shape that once they start the extractions, they'll all fall out with no problem. I'm picturing a row of dominoes all lined up; the first one gets knocked down and the rest follow. I knew my teeth were in bad shape, but I didn't think they were that bad. Word to the wise - get your yearly dental checkups and save yourself from this down the road. On the surface, I'm not jumping for joy in the fact that I'm 42 and will have a full set of dentures, but I know in the long run it'll be all good. I'll be able to eat what I want, I'll feel better, and I'll be much less self-conscious about my looks. As an added plus, I'll lose even more weight because I won't feel like crap for about a month and everything will taste like plastic (so I hear). As for another positive, this will help me make my weight loss goal at Weight Watchers faster.

In regards to one of my earlier posts, I'm still in a wait and see mode with the ORU situation. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Billy Joe Daugherty has returned to the Board of Regents. I know we should continue to pray for them, that God will work through this situation and bring them to a place where they can discover who God really is and they will be able to see the errors of their false teachings.

Since coming out of the Charismatic/Word Faith movement, I've had to basically start over again in learning about the Christian faith. I've had to realize that it's not about what you want God to do for you, but what God wants you to do for Him and what He can do through you. This has not been an easy journey as I've had to discard many of my former beliefs; in fact, it's been quite earth shattering at times - just ask my DH. There have been nights I've cried because I've been so confused; I felt like my foundation had been shattered. I've become a little more discerning about who I listen to and read now and who I let influence my beliefs. I've discovered that there's more to know about the Christian walk than meets the eye. I've learned that between the book of Acts and the present day, there is a rich church history waiting to be discovered by many Christians. I've learned how important foundations can be. I'm also learning what those foundations are and how important it is to be grounded in them. For anyone else who might be going through this situation, I recommended some books in an earlier post.

See, I told you this blog wasn't titled "Ramblings" for nothing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well congrats on the Promotion! And I know you will feel so much better about yourself with the new teeth!

I am happy for you! San Antonio is great. I love it here. Ernie will be joining me soon and In June we will be Parents! June 13th!