Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Change of Pace

Now that the river vote is over with, I'm tackling another local piece of news, the lawsuit brought against Richard and Lindsay Roberts. As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Larry King interview them. Is it me, or do they sound like politicians? They were not able to give straight answers to any questions that were asked. I think my favorite response was regarding the text messages to troubled males. Lindsay answered the direct question in a roundabout way and blamed it on her teenaged daughters and their friends. Richard chimed in that "they have a ministry to these wayward young people." Like I said in an earlier post, I'm sure Lindsay was just sending them Scriptures.

Right, and Jimmy Swaggart was just ministering to the prostitutes, males buy Playboy Magazine to read the articles and then go to Hooters for the wings...

Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes, Roberts family. I'm trying to do my best to keep in mind "innocent until proven guilty," but I'm finding it really hard. Richard mentioned how he received an overwhelming vote of confidence from the ORU Board of Regents. Has anybody checked the Board of Regents lately? The last I knew, it was filled with the who's who of the Word Faith movement and, unfortunately, I don't think most of them know the meaning of the word "accountability." It is said that you are known by the company you keep. What shames me the most is that not many people seem to be surprised at this turn of events. Is that what most people think of Christians? I pray that we can use this time to examine our own hearts.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Who says we don't buy Playboy for the articles? And Hooters have really good wings.