Monday, October 08, 2007

Tuesday

Don't forget to get out and vote on Tuesday. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm voting NO. If they had a space for HECK NO, I'd vote that way. This city does not need another tax; it needs politicians who will handle the money already given to them instead of misspending it then asking us for more. We also need leaders who know the meaning of the word "prioritize." Wouldn't you just love to go to these people's homes and look at how their budgets are handled? Are they spending their money on "wants" instead of "needs"? Isn't that what they're asking us to do? I don't fall for the idea that our city, nay, our region will completely fall off the face of the earth if this tax doesn't pass (sarcasm fully intended). Also, who's to say they'll actually spend the money on the river? They'll probably spend King George's 117 million then use the actual tax they take in on the arena or some other "need" they see fit. I'm thinking we need to buy our politicians a dictionary for Christmas.

On an upbeat note...

BYE BYE YANKEES!!!!

I'm not upset in the least to see the Yankees beaten by the Indians. I've been a Yankee hater for as long as I can remember. Why? I think it's because my mom liked them, so I felt the need to create a rivalry and have hated those da** Yankees ever since. Since my Cubs didn't make it, I'm rooting for the Rockies since I've seen several of them play when they were with the Drillers.

No comments: